Are you tired of the same old content on YouTube TV? Do you want access to local channels and programs from other locations? Changing your home and playback area on YouTube TV can help you with that. Whether you’re away from home or in a different city, updating your location is the key to unlocking new content.
Things to Remember Before Changing Home Area on YouTube TV
Before we dive into the process of changing your home area, there are a few important things you need to know:
- You can only change your home area twice a year.
- It is necessary for you to be physically present to make this change.
- To maintain access to local networks, you must use YouTube TV at least once every three months in your home area.
How to Change Home Area Location on YouTube TV
Changing your home area on YouTube TV is a simple process. Just follow these steps:
Android & Desktop
- Open the YouTube TV app on your device.
- Log in using your account details.
- Click or tap the profile icon on the home page and select “Settings”.
- From the settings menu, choose “Area” and then select “Home Area”.
- Click “Update” on desktop or tap “Update Home Area” on mobile to save the changes.
iPhone & iPad
If you’re using an iOS device, here’s how you can change your home area location:
- Visit the YouTube TV website on Safari or your default browser and log in with your account details.
- Tap the profile icon on the home page.
- Select “Settings” and then tap “Area”.
- Next, tap “Home Area” and add your desired address.
- Finally, tap “Update” to save the changes.
By signing up as a new user, you can also enjoy a free trial of YouTube TV for up to 14 days.
How to Update Playback Area on YouTube TV
Your playback area is the location outside your home area where you can access YouTube TV. To update your playback area, follow these simple steps:
Android, iPhone, Desktop
- Open the YouTube TV app on your device.
- On the home page, click your profile icon.
- Tap “Settings” and select the “Area” option.
- Click the “Update” button, followed by “Current Playback Area” to change your location.
If you’re using YouTube TV on a Smart TV, here’s how to update your playback area:
- Launch the YouTube TV app on your Smart TV.
- Select the profile icon.
- Choose “Settings” from the menu and select “Area”.
- Click “Current Playback Area” and choose “Update” to save the changes.
- Visit the official YouTube TV website to automatically update your profile based on your location.
How to Change YouTube TV Location Using VPN
If you want to change the location on your device, using a VPN is a popular and effective method. A VPN hides your IP address and allows you to connect to servers in different locations, giving you access to geo-blocked content. Here are the steps to follow:
- Choose a reputable VPN service from the market.
- We recommend using the best VPN services that we have personally tested and listed on our website Mr Reviews.
- Install the VPN on your device.
- Connect to a server in your desired location.
- Enjoy the new location-based content on YouTube TV.
How to Change Location on YouTube TV by Spoofing GPS Location
If you prefer not to use a VPN, you can still change your location by spoofing your GPS. Follow these steps:
- Use a GPS spoofing app like Fake GPS Location for Android or Mobitrix Magic Go for iPhone/iPad.
- Install the app on your device.
- Set the desired location using the app.
- Enjoy YouTube TV with your new location.
Please note that if you’re using an iPhone, you’ll need to download Mobitrix Magic Go on your Windows/Mac computer and spoof the location from there.
How to Change Location on YouTube TV Using Extensions
If you’re using the Chrome browser, you can easily change your YouTube TV location using an extension. Here’s how:
- Launch Chrome on your device and visit the Chrome Web Store.
- Search for the “Vytal” extension.
- Choose the desired extension from the search results.
- Click “Add to Chrome” and then “Add Extension” on the pop-up.
- The extension will be added to your browser.
- Click the extension, set your desired location, and access YouTube TV.
You can also find location spoofing extensions for Firefox and other browsers to modify your location.
Can I Delete the Location on YouTube TV?
Unfortunately, there is currently no option to delete a location on YouTube TV. The zip code is mandatory to track your location and provide updates on local programs in your area.
Now that you know how to change your home and playback location on YouTube TV, you can enjoy a wider range of content and explore new channels. Happy streaming!