Any creator on TikTok knows that being able to view your video analytics is the key to success.
Analytics on TikTok include views, watch time, likes, shares, and more. If you’re aiming to get famous on TikTok then knowing your engagement data is critical.
Shares are one of the key engagement metrics to track because it lets you know that people enjoyed the video enough to share it with their friends.
Let’s take a deeper dive into viewing who shared your TikTok video.
Who Can Share Your Video On TikTok? 🤷♀️ Can You See Who Shared Your TikTok Video?🕵️♂️ How To See The Number Of Shares On Tiktok Via Analytics 👀 How To See The Number of Shares For A Specific Video On TikTok 🎯 Frequently Asked Questions 📢 Wrap Up 🎬
Important disclosure: we’re proud affiliates of some tools mentioned in this guide. If you click an affiliate link and subsequently make a purchase, we will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you (you pay nothing extra). For more information, read our affiliate disclosure.
Who Can Share Your Video On TikTok? 🤷♀️
The capability to share videos depends on your account and privacy settings.
To change who can view and share your videos you can either set your account to private or adjust the privacy settings for each individual video you post on TikTok.
To adjust your account settings:
1. Navigate to your TikTok profile and tap the three-line menu in the top right corner.
2. Tap Settings and privacy.
3. Tap Privacy.
4. Toggle your account to private. Now only users you approve can follow and watch your videos.
To change the settings for an individual video:
1. Record and edit your video as normal.
2. Before posting, tap on Who can watch this video.
3. Select Only me, Friends, or Everyone; depending on who you want to view and share your videos.
You will be able to change a video’s privacy settings once it is posted by tapping on the video, selecting the three-dot icon, and then Privacy Settings.
Can You See Who Shared Your TikTok Video?🕵️♂️
Well, yes and no. While sharing is a huge part of the social aspect of TikTok, there are some restrictions due to its privacy policies. You can see the number of shares for a particular video but not the individual profiles of those who shared it.
As far as analytics go, you don’t need to see the exact users who shared your video on TikTok.
So, let’s take a look at how to view the number of shares your video has.
How To See The Number Of Shares On TikTok Via Analytics 👀
TikTok analytics will give valuable insight into how your videos are performing. If you want to view the total number of shares just follow the steps below.
1. Open the TikTok app and navigate to your profile by tapping the profile icon.
2. Tap the hamburger menu (three-line icon) in the top right corner.
3. Select Creator tools.
4. Tap Analytics and view your total shares under Engagement
How To See The Number of Shares For A Specific Video On TikTok 🎯
TikTok not only allows you to review yourtotal number of shares but also the shares per video. Let’s look at how to view shares for a specific video on TikTok.
1. Open the app and go to your profile.
2. As above, navigate to Creator tools.
3. Select Contentfrom the top menu.
4. Tap on any of your videos to view the number of shares for that specific video.
1. Navigate to your TikTok profile.
2. Select one of your videos.
3. Tap on the three-dot icon in the bottom right corner.
4. Select Analytics.
5. You can view the number of shares under the video thumbnail.
Frequently Asked Questions 📢
Does TikTok Send A Notification When Someone Shares Your Video?
Unlike some other social media platforms, TikTok does not send notifications for shares.
Can I See Who Saved My TikTok Video?
TikTok users can download your videos unless you have specifically turned this option off. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to see who has saved/downloaded your video.
To turn off video downloading:
1. Go to Settings and Privacy.
2. Tap Privacy.
3. Select Downloads.
4. Toggle video downloads on or off.
Why Can’t I Share My TikToks?
If you can’t share your TikTok videos you may have the video set to private and will need to change the settings as outlined above.
Likewise, some videos on TikTok won’t allow you to download, Duet, or Stitch. It depends on the creator’s privacy settings.
How Do I Share My TikTok Videos On Facebook Or Instagram?
You can easily share your videos from TikTok straight to other social media platforms. There are two ways to do this:
1. On the posting screen, at the bottom, you can link and select the social media platforms you want to share your video on.
2. Select the video you want to share from your profile, tap on the three-dot icon, and choose the social media site that you want to post it to.
Remember that this shared video will have the TikTok watermark embedded in it.
Wrap Up 🎬
And that’s a wrap! Now you know how to review and track video shares on TikTok.
Don’t forget to track other metrics such as watch time and completion rate, two very important metrics in the TikTok algorithm.
If you enjoyed this walk-through, feel free to check out our other TikTok tutorials.