A strong social media presence is essential for effective marketing, and Twitter is one of the best platforms for showcasing your brand. With a monthly user base of 330 million, Twitter offers a lucrative opportunity to reach a wide audience. However, the challenge lies in gaining more followers. Building a loyal follower base is crucial for better organic reach and achieving your business goals. So, let’s explore some actionable tips to increase your Twitter followers.
Why You Need More Followers on Twitter
Twitter is a hub of user interaction, and it’s not just individuals who are active on the platform. Brands are using Twitter to engage with users, showcase product updates, address customer queries, and generate positive sentiment. With a massive user base and a majority being millennials, Twitter is a goldmine for marketers. To put it into perspective, here are some statistics:
- Twitter has 330 million monthly active users.
- 500 million tweets are sent out daily.
- Users follow at least 5 businesses on average.
- Picture and video tweets are 394% more likely to be retweeted.
- 85% of SMBs use Twitter for customer service.
- 80% of active Twitter users access the platform via mobile.
- Twitter is expected to grow by 0.3% in 2020.
- Ad engagement on Twitter has increased by 23%.
- Tweets with hashtags get 100% more engagement.
The numbers speak for themselves, and having a strong Twitter presence can significantly impact your brand’s reach and engagement.
1. Understanding the Twitter Algorithm
To create and curate your Twitter feed effectively, you need to understand the Twitter algorithm. Over the years, Twitter has made several changes to its algorithm, and now it considers engagement, follower count, clicks, favorites, impressions, recency of posts, media richness, and user activity. Being proactive, engaging with followers, and maintaining consistency play crucial roles in getting more followers.
2. Optimize Your Twitter Profile
Your Twitter profile says a lot about your brand, so make sure it leaves a lasting impression. Add a recognizable profile picture, such as your brand logo, and an attention-grabbing header photo. Optimize your bio by introducing your brand and including relevant keywords and hashtags. Make sure your bio is searchable and SEO-friendly.
3. Tweet Consistently
Consistent content is key to reaching and engaging your audience on Twitter. Unlike other platforms, you need to post 2-7 times a day to generate reach and engagement. Share brand updates, product tweets, resourceful articles, and trends that interest your target audience.
4. Post When Your Audience is Most Active
To maximize your content’s visibility, post when your audience is most active. Identify the optimal posting times and build a content strategy accordingly. By reaching more people, you increase the chances of gaining followers.
5. Engage Actively With Your Audience
Engagement is key to building connections with your audience. Create compelling content that encourages interaction. Retweet followers’ content and respond to comments and tweets that mention your brand. By actively engaging, you not only strengthen your brand reputation but also attract more followers.
6. Search for People Talking About Your Industry
Stay on top of trending topics and conversations related to your industry. Use a social listening tool to monitor relevant keywords and hashtags, including your brand name. Social listening helps you capture audience sentiment, identify influential creators, and create content that resonates with your target audience.
7. Post Video Content
Videos are highly engaging content types, so leverage them to attract new followers. Showcase your products, share your brand story, or introduce your team. By incorporating videos into your content strategy, you can captivate your audience and increase your follower count.
8. Follow Relevant Accounts on Twitter
Find accounts that align with your brand and interests and follow them. Import your contacts from Gmail and Outlook to discover people you may know. By following others, you increase the likelihood of gaining new followers in return.
9. Analyze Your Twitter Performance
To increase your followers strategically, analyze your Twitter performance. Utilize a reliable social media analytics tool to delve into relevant KPIs, understand your content’s reach and engagement, and identify opportunities for improvement. Build a concrete strategy based on these insights.
10. Identify and Follow Active Users
Focus on accounts that actively engage with your content instead of randomly following people. By identifying potential brand advocates and engaging with them, you enhance your visibility and gain more followers. Peer-to-peer reviews and brand ambassadors can significantly influence others on the platform.
11. Identify Top Influencers Talking About Your Brand
Identify influencers who are talking about your brand and engage with them. Influencers have a vast follower base, and their endorsement can bring exposure to your brand. By connecting with influencers, you increase your brand’s reach and generate more followers.
12. Use Hashtags Actively
Hashtags are a powerful tool for discovery on Twitter. Identify hashtags relevant to your brand and audience, and use them to reach users interested in your niche. Tweets with hashtags receive twice as much engagement, so make sure to use them strategically.
13. Use Click to Tweet Link Generator
Make it easy for your audience to share your content on Twitter. Use the ‘Click to Tweet’ link generator to allow readers to share specific phrases or quotes directly from your blog or other digital marketing materials. By encouraging users to share your content, you increase your chances of gaining more followers.
14. Hop on to Twitter Trends
Stay on top of Twitter trends and create content around them. By using trending keywords and hashtags, your content gets indexed and seen by a larger audience. If people like your content, they are more likely to follow you, thereby increasing your follower count.
15. Monitor and Benchmark Performance Against Competitors
Monitor your competitors’ activity on Twitter and benchmark your performance against theirs. Learn from their tactics and strategies to gain a competitive edge. By analyzing their success, you can implement effective strategies to increase your followers.
16. Remarket to Website Visitors
Capitalize on website visitors by remarketing your Twitter handle to them. Create Twitter custom audiences based on users who have interacted with your brand on your website. By extending your brand’s presence to other platforms, you can attract more followers.
17. Pin Your Best Tweets
Pin your most engaging tweets at the top of your profile to capture visitors’ attention. Highlight valuable content, tips, or ideas to entice your target audience. By showcasing your best tweets, you increase the chances of gaining followers.
In conclusion, building a strong follower base on Twitter is vital for reaching a broader audience and increasing customer acquisition. Follow these actionable tips to enhance your Twitter presence:
- Understand the Twitter algorithm and engage proactively.
- Optimize your Twitter profile.
- Tweet consistently and post when your audience is most active.
- Engage actively with your audience and respond to comments and mentions.
- Stay on top of industry conversations and trends.
- Utilize video content to captivate your audience.
- Follow relevant accounts and engage with influential users.
- Analyze your Twitter performance and refine your strategy.
- Identify active users and potential brand advocates.
- Utilize hashtags strategically.
- Make it easy for readers to share your content with click-to-tweet links.
- Capitalize on Twitter trends to gain more exposure.
- Monitor and benchmark your performance against competitors.
- Remarket your Twitter handle to website visitors.
- Pin your most engaging tweets at the top of your profile.
By implementing these tips, you’ll be well on your way to gaining more followers and expanding your brand’s influence on Twitter.
- Best Twitter Analytics Tools
- 7 Tips to Write an Awesome Twitter Bio for Your Brand
- How to Use Twitter Analytics