Facebook Dating is a great choice for those seeking romantic connections through the global social network. You can find potential dates based on your interests, preferences, events or what you do on Facebook. Wondering whether you can search for someone on Facebook Dating and how? This post has all the answers for you.
Can you search for someone on Facebook Dating?
Facebook Dating doesn’t allow you to search for a specific user on the app directly. There is no search bar, nor a contact list sync feature like Twitter or Instagram that you can upload the contacts to find matching profiles. But by using a dating profile search tool, you may find out what dating sites a person is on.
5 ways to find someone on Facebook Dating
Due to the terms and policy on Facebook Dating, it’s challenging to search for certain users. You may try your luck by joining the app or take advantage of a dedicated people search tool to see a person’s dating profiles.
1. Find dating profiles with TruthFinder
TruthFinder is a convenient and legitimate people finder. By entering a person’s name or phone number, you’re able to explore associated social media or dating profiles. It also shows you available background information about an individual, such as his/her education, criminal records, property, and so on.
Search Now >>
1) Go to the TruthFinder homepage.
2) Type in a name and click SEARCH.
3) Wait until the background report is generated. After purchasing a membership plan, you could unlock it and see which dating website the person has a profile on.
2. Explore dating profiles by image with Social Catfish
Social Catfish is an online dating investigative service with a powerful reverse image lookup. You can upload a picture to scan for matches from online networks, public databases and multiple search engines. From the report, you can get their identifying details and track what websites the person has a profile on.
1) Visit the Social Catfish search page. Upload an image and click Search, or choose other search options as you like.
2) It may take a few minutes to complete the search. Once done, unlock the full report and get any useful information you need.
Looking to learn more about someone you just met online? You can also search by his/her username and find who’s behind:
3. Track digital footprint with Spokeo
Spokeo is one of our favorite tools when it comes to tracking someone’s digital footprints and locating social media profiles. It scans more than 120 social networks, from most known sites like Facebook and Instagram to emerging dating apps, and guarantees the best matched results for you.
1) Go to the official Spokeo website. Select a proper search option depending on what information you have about the prospect, a name for example.
2) Enter the full name of the person and click Search Now.
3) When the search completes, you should receive a comprehensive and detailed report which includes all the dating sites and social networks that the user has registered for.
Spokeo also features a quick reverse social media lookup so that you can learn more about the crush you met even without knowing the full name.
4. Search 55+ social media accounts with BeenVerified
BeenVerified is one of the most popular people search services online. Supported by a robust database of billions of public records, it will just take a few clicks for you to uncover someone’s profiles on various social networks and dating sites.
1) Go to the BeenVerified search page.
2) You can look up anyone by his/her name, phone number or email. Select a type you prefer, then enter the required information and click Search.
3) Wait a couple of minutes for the full report to load up. You can uncover a wealth of useful information about the person you’re looking for. Scroll to the Social Media part and you should know which popular social media networks (s)he is on and their exact usernames.
5. Add a secret crush
There are some simple tricks to check if someone is on a dating site, such as registering a new account with the person’s email address or phone number. But those methods won’t work on Facebook Dating as this platform is connected with Facebook account and requires no additional login.
What’s more, the Facebook Dating profiles are only accessible by users who join the platform. That said, they can’t be searched publicly through a search engine like Google or Bing.
So you may need to create an account and join Facebook Dating. Although you won’t be matched with a current Facebook friend, you can add your Facebook friends or Instagram followers as a secret crush. They won’t be notified of this until they opt into the app. And if your crush also adds you to their Secret Crush list, you two are matched.
6. Search on Facebook
If you’ve accidentally swiped a profile you’re interested in on Facebook Dating, it’s difficult for you to retrive it. If you could still remember the profile name, try searching it on Facebook to see if there’s a matched account and get in contact.
So this is all about how to find out if someone is on Facebook Dating. Hopefully the tips help. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.
All product names, logos, brands, trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.