No doubt it’s a fact of this modern Era that your business can only fly out of the shell if it is active on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, etc. Therefore, your account must be on previous and upcoming social media sites to spread swiftly, especially anonymously on Facebook, the most popular social media platform.
People are getting benefits from that platform swiftly to promote their business. It can be estimated through the 2022 surveys, which claim that Facebook has almost 60 million business pages, and 93% of them are active. But unfortunately, many businesses are still inactive on Facebook pages due to privacy concerns. The main reason for not promoting their content is their privacy because they don’t want to reveal their identity. They must be aware of Facebook’s new anonymous post feature, which allows them to post in Facebook groups without revealing their identity.
In this article, we will explain how the anonymous post feature works, why people want to post anonymously, and how to post anonymously on a Facebook group via your Android, desktop, and iPhone. Keep reading!
What is the Anonymous Posting Feature of Facebook?
As the name suggests, this mind-blowing feature (introduced in 2020) allows group admins to do posting without revealing their identities. Even their identities are hidden from the group members. Yes, they are total strangers in the comments sections. However, their identity will be visible to the group admins, moderators, and Facebook itself to enforce its community standards.
If you are thinking, will your identity be visible to the other group members too? Of course, you will be shown as one of the group members.
Why Do People Want to Post Anonymously?
According to a short survey, the main reason behind anonymous posting is that people feel more comfortable, confident, and safer while working anonymously, especially if the group is public. That’s why Facebook introduced this feature so more people can benefit from it.
During a group discussion in a workshop, Peter, a medical student at Nottingham, the University of England, shared his opinion on why he wants to work anonymously on his Facebook page. He told us that his page is about relationships, where he discusses all the guidelines and tricks to make your relationship thrive. He predominantly advises based on his experience with his partner. If she were to find out about that page, he doesn’t want to face her reaction. Even if it’s not wrong, he thinks being anonymous allows him to express his feelings and opinions freely.
It proves that anonymous posting has made people more confident, opinionated, and enables the necessary strength for the development of any nation.
How to Post Anonymously on a Facebook Group with a Desktop
Posting anonymously is relatively straightforward. You can easily turn on the anonymous posting feature in a few steps through a desktop or any mobile device (iPhone or Android). First, we will guide you on how to post through the desktop. For that, we suggest you have your desktop or laptop ready. This way, you can better understand and follow the steps. Once you have your system open, simply log in to your Facebook account and follow these steps:
- After logging into your Facebook account, select the group you want to work with anonymously.
- Move forward, and you will see the anonymous post option. Just toggle on the switch to post anonymously. (If it’s not showing, it means the admin has not given you posting rights).
- After that, a prompt will appear. Click on the button option downward. Now, you are ready to post without revealing your identity.
How to Post Anonymously on a Facebook Group through Your iPhone
It’s an amazing feature that you can post anonymously on Facebook groups anywhere you are through your iPhone. But before posting, keep in mind that to maintain Facebook community standards, your account details will be visible to Facebook admins and moderators. However, to enable anonymous posting through the iPhone, follow these instructions:
- Login to the Facebook app using your email and password. You will see three horizontal lines on the right side of the home screen. Click on these lines.
- After clicking the horizontal lines, you will reach the main menu, where you can easily find the group option. Click on it and choose the group you want to make an anonymous post in.
- After that, go to the compose posting bar. Here, you will see the compose post option at the bottom. Toggle it to the right side, and you are ready to post anonymously.
Note: You will be noted as a participant in a public group or a group member if you post in a private group.
How to Post Anonymously on a Facebook Group with Android
Anonymous posting through your Android mobile is similar to using the Facebook account. You just need to log in to your Facebook account and follow these steps:
- Click on the horizontal lines and then click on the group icon.
- Choose the group you want to select for anonymous posting. But remember, if the admin has not given you posting rights, you won’t be able to post in that group.
- After that, you will see the anonymous posting option at the bottom. Toggle it to hide your identity from the public. Now you are prepared to create an anonymous post.
Ultimately, one should be strong enough to confidently face the world with their opinions so that people can get motivation from them. You can’t humiliate anyone for having an idea. If you have any queries related to this topic or want to give us feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below.