You don’t typically hear about people wanting to get rid of filters on social media. Usually, users are eager to use these tools to give their photos that polished, magazine-like finish. However, in a time when celebrities are going for a makeup-free look in their posts and the “no-filter” trend is on the rise, you might find yourself wanting to undo heavy editing. Unfortunately, in most cases, you’d be out of luck. You can’t remove that Valencia filter from your early Instagram days or un-face-tune that selfie you’ve already shared.
But on TikTok, things are a bit different. This app allows you to be a bit more unfiltered. You have the freedom to backtrack on a video you’re editing or have saved as a draft, remove filters, and make last-minute tweaks. Although the app only permits editing in certain situations, it’s still a game-changer.
So, here’s everything you need to know about how to remove TikTok filters in just a few taps.
Let’s Get Rid of Those Filters!
Okay, so you may have gone a bit overboard with filters on TikTok. Don’t worry—we’ve all been there. After all, TikTok is like a video-editing candy store. You can record in double or triple time using the Speed feature, “beautify” your face, and add funky transitions to your videos.
But if you’re having second thoughts about the look of your content, don’t fret. You can quickly revert it to a more natural version before posting by using the TikTok filter remover in the app.
Removing Filters from Other People’s Videos
If you were hoping to learn how to remove TikTok filters from someone else’s video because you want to see what your favorite celebrity truly looks like, you might be disappointed to know that you can’t edit their clips. You can’t remove filters from videos posted by other people.
Removing Filters from a Published Video
Unfortunately, once you’ve posted a video on TikTok, there’s no way to remove filters. Your only option is to edit the content and repost it as a new version. TikTok only allows you to remove filters from videos before posting, so make sure you think twice before hitting that “post” button.
Removing Filters While Creating a Video
When it comes to creating content for TikTok, you have the freedom to add and remove filters as much as you please. There’s no need to limit your creativity. Here are a few ways to switch up your edits using the iOS or Android apps:
- Tap on “Effects” at the bottom left-hand side of the screen.
- Select the filter or effect you wish to turn off.
- Turn off the “Retouch” feature by deselecting the red checkmark next to it. You should see “Beauty Mode OFF” appear on the screen.
- To remove filters, tap on the corresponding icon and then tap the “Remove” symbol at the top of the pop-up menu.
And just like that, your video is back to its purest form!
Removing Filters from Your Drafts
Here’s some great news—if a video is still in your drafts, you have the chance to remove a filter. This means you can make all your edits risk-free before deciding how your video will go out into the world. Here’s how to remove a filter from a saved TikTok video:
- Open the TikTok app.
- Tap on your profile icon in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Head to your Drafts folder.
- Select the video you wish to modify.
- Click the Filter icon on the edit screen to remove the filter from the draft video.
- Tap the “Remove” symbol to make the filter disappear.
- Tap anywhere on the video to save your changes and minimize the filter toolbar.
That’s it! Now you’re all set to create TikTok videos without any unwanted filters. Enjoy the unfiltered journey!