To get rid of Quora emails in your Gmail account, you’ll need to take a few steps. This guide will walk you through the process in a simple and easy-to-follow manner.
Step 1: Unsubscribe from the Quora Mailing List
- Open any marketing email you’ve received from Quora.
- Scroll to the bottom of the email and click on the unsubscribe link. This will take you to the email and notification settings page on Quora.com.
- On that page, select “Off: Don’t send me these emails” and click on the save preferences button.
Step 2: Unsubscribe from the Quora Digest Mailing List
- Open any email you’ve received from Quora Digest.
- Scroll to the end of the email and click on the unsubscribe link. This will redirect you to the Quora digest settings.
- Select the option “Never: Do not send the top stories on Quora for me” and save your preferences.
Step 3: Delete All Quora Emails from Gmail
- In the Gmail search bar, type “Quora.”
- Check the checkbox at the top left of the page to select all emails.
- Once all Quora emails on that page are selected, click on the trash can icon in the top menu.
- Repeat the previous step until you’ve removed all the emails sent to you by Quora.
Step 4: Delink Quora from Your Gmail Account
- Go to Quora.com.
- Log in to your account if you’re not already logged in.
- From the Quora dashboard, click on your profile picture.
- In the drop-down menu, click on “Settings.”
- Under the “Connected Accounts & Contacts” section on the account settings page, click on “Disconnect.”
- When the disconnect popup appears, click on the disconnect button. This will delink your Gmail account from Quora, but your Gmail email address will still be connected.
Step 5: Replace Your Gmail Email Address with Another Email Address (Optional)
If you still want to receive emails from Quora but not to your Gmail account, follow these steps:
- In the account settings, click on “Add another email address” in the email field.
- Enter a second email address in the provided field and click on the “Add email” button.
- If you created your Quora account through the “Sign up with Google” shortcut, click on the “Create an account password” link.
- Go back to your Gmail account and open the password reset email sent by Quora.
- Click on the password reset link within the email.
- On the password reset page, enter and confirm a new password, then click on the “Reset password” button.
- Now that you have a password for your Quora account, return to the settings page and enter the email address you want to use. Click on the “Add email” button.
- Enter your Quora password in the provided field and click on the “Done” button.
- Open the email from Quora in the inbox of the newly added email address. Click on the “Verify email” button within the email.
- After verifying your new email address, set it as the primary email address.
- Once your new email is set as the primary, click on the “Remove” link next to the Gmail email address.
- In the remove email dialog box, click on the “Remove” button to completely remove Quora from your Gmail account.
Step 6: Delete Your Quora Account (Optional)
If you want to completely get rid of Quora and not just the emails sent to your Gmail account, follow these steps:
- From your account settings page, click on the “Privacy” tab in the left menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Delete account.”
- In the delete account pop-up, click the delete button to confirm that you want to delete your account.
Following these steps will ensure that Quora is completely removed from your Gmail account.
For more detailed guidance on using the Mate 40 Pro and other helpful tips, check out Mr Reviews.