Discover the secrets to successfully selling Google Sheets on Etsy and make your digital products soar!
I decided to dive into the world of Etsy in April 2020, aiming to sell my Google Sheets creations. However, I encountered a major roadblock – I had no idea how to list them on the platform.
If you’ve ever tried selling a digital product on Etsy, you probably know that you need to upload a file when creating a listing. The problem was, I only had the links to my Google Sheets, not an actual file.
Feeling perplexed, I scoured the internet in search of answers. Although I stumbled upon a few solutions, they seemed overly complicated and required more effort than I was willing to invest for selling $5 spreadsheets.
After a week of relentless searching, I finally gave in and purchased another seller’s Google Sheet to unravel their secrets.
Realizing that this solution might not be obvious to everyone, I decided to create this post to share my newfound knowledge with you!
1. Crafting Your Google Sheet Masterpiece
Need some inspiration? Here are a few of the Google Sheets that I successfully sell.
2. Generating a Shareable Link
Once you’ve created your Google Sheet, the next step is to generate a shareable link. Follow these easy steps:
- Click the ‘share’ button located in the upper right-hand corner of your Google Sheet.
- A box will appear with the option “Get a Link.” Click on it, and you’ll see a hyperlink that says “change to anyone with the link.” Click on that hyperlink.
- On the right-hand side, a drop-down menu will appear, offering options such as “viewer,” “commenter,” and “editor.” Choose “viewer” to ensure that your customers can only view your master sheet without the ability to edit it.
- Finally, click on “copy link.”
3. Enhancing Your Sharable Link
Now, it’s time to make a crucial tweak to your link. Trust me, this will revolutionize your selling experience.
- Once you have your sharable link, paste it somewhere handy – you can directly paste it into the search bar or open a new Google or Word document and paste it there.
- Next, replace the word ‘edit’ in the URL with ‘copy’ as shown in the example below:
By making this change, you’ll ensure that your customers make a copy of the Google Sheet, which they can then edit, without altering the master.
When I first started selling Google Sheets, I wasn’t aware of this trick. Despite providing clear instructions, I would frequently receive messages and emails from customers struggling to edit their sheets.
Implementing this hack not only saved me valuable time but also enhanced my customers’ experience, making it much smoother.
4. Adding Your Enhanced Link to a Document and Converting to PDF
Once you’ve edited your link, it’s time to add it to a Google or Word document. This document will be sent to your customers upon purchase, so feel free to include a thank you note, additional instructions, or your branding.
Here’s an example of what my document looks like:
After completing these steps, save the document as a PDF and upload it to Etsy.
Congratulations! You’re now ready to start selling your Google Sheets creations on Etsy. Happy selling!
This article is proudly brought to you by Mr Reviews, your go-to source for comprehensive product reviews and helpful guides.