Founded in 2011, Twitch is one of the largest platforms used for live video streaming with a thriving community-like atmosphere. If you connect your Twitch account with another leading streaming service, you can enjoy additional benefits. Exporting your Video on Demand (VOD) from Twitch to YouTube, for example, can help you reach a wider audience and earn extra income.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of exporting and uploading Twitch streams to YouTube. By leveraging the YouTube platform effectively, you can achieve significant user growth and maximize your potential. So let’s get started!
YouTube vs. Twitch: What Are the Differences?
Twitch primarily focuses on live video game streaming and fosters a closely-knit community. In contrast, YouTube is a video-sharing platform that hosts a wide variety of content, such as vlogs, live videos, presentations, and webinars.
Here are the key differences between YouTube and Twitch:
- Level of Engagement: YouTube has a significantly larger user base compared to Twitch, making it easier for new content creators to establish themselves and grow their viewer base.
- Discoverability: It can be challenging for new creators to be discovered on Twitch due to its algorithm. In contrast, YouTube’s algorithm helps users find new content quickly, making it easier for newbies to promote their videos.
- Growth: YouTube has a better algorithm for showcasing quality content. If viewers like your content and it aligns with what they’re searching for, YouTube will promote it. On the other hand, Twitch caters more to creators with larger audiences, making it challenging for newcomers to gain traction.
Why Export Twitch Streams to YouTube?
Here are the top reasons why you should upload Twitch streams to YouTube:
- Reach a wider audience: While Twitch is popular for streaming, YouTube has a much larger user base. By exporting your Twitch streams to YouTube, you can potentially reach more viewers and grow your audience.
- Additional income: Besides Twitch’s earnings, uploading streams to YouTube provides additional financial security for content creators.
- Engage followers: Uploading Twitch streams on YouTube keeps your followers engaged even when you’re not live streaming. It gives them the opportunity to watch the pre-recorded live streams at their convenience.
- Drive YouTube audience to Twitch: By introducing YouTube followers to your content, they can decide whether they like it. This ultimately drives your YouTube audience to join your Twitch streams and increases your live stream viewership.
- Enhanced discoverability: YouTube’s powerful search engine allows users to discover content based on keywords and phrases. Exporting your Twitch streams to YouTube increases the chances of your content being discovered by new viewers searching for similar content.
How to Upload Twitch Streams to YouTube?
Let’s now walk you through the process of uploading Twitch streams to YouTube:
Enable VOD on Twitch
Video on Demand (VOD) is a media distribution system that enables users to access videos without a traditional video playback device. To enable VOD on Twitch, you need to save your broadcasts before exporting your VODs.
Before uploading and exporting your Twitch stream, make sure you have successfully enabled the VOD feature on your Twitch account. Enabling VOD provides better audience engagement and channel growth.
Here’s how you can enable VOD on your Twitch account:
- Log in to your Twitch account and click on your profile picture in the top-right corner.
- Select “Creator Dashboard” from the drop-down menu.
- Expand the “Settings” options and click on “Stream.”
- Find and toggle the “Store past broadcasts” option to enable VOD.
Link Twitch Account to YouTube Account
To link your VODs to YouTube, follow these steps:
- In the Account Settings section, navigate to the “Connections” tab and select YouTube.
- After selecting the YouTube option, you will be redirected to a new page where you can choose the Google account to link with your Twitch account. Once you allow access, your YouTube account will be successfully linked to your Twitch account.
Upload Twitch Streams to YouTube
One of the key advantages of the export feature on Twitch is its user-friendly interface for transferring your best content from Twitch to YouTube.
Follow these steps to export and upload Twitch streams to YouTube, effectively increasing your reach and driving more subscribers to your channel:
- Once you have linked your Twitch account to YouTube, click on the profile picture/avatar in the top right corner of Twitch.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Video Producer.” It will display a list of all your videos and highlights.
- Choose the video you want to export by clicking the three vertical dots on the right side of the video. This will open a drop-down menu with various actions you can perform on your video. Select “Export.”
- In the dialogue box that appears, fill in the required details such as the video title, tags, and description. You can also choose the privacy setting for your video. Once everything is filled out, click “Start Export.” Your video will be ready to display on YouTube.
That’s it! You have successfully completed the process of exporting Twitch streams to YouTube.
While Twitch caters to live streamers and is the largest live streaming platform worldwide, YouTube is a platform for long-lasting content and allows viewers to search for specific niches or topics of interest.
By enabling VODs and exporting Twitch streams to YouTube, content creators can reach a wider audience, enhance engagement, and increase their ad profits. So make use of these steps and start expanding your reach and growing your viewer base today!
For more detailed guides and reviews, visit Mr Reviews.