TikTok has taken the world by storm with its endless entertainment options and captivating videos. Whether you’re searching for mouth-watering recipes or a good laugh, TikTok has it all. However, lurking beneath the surface is a shady history of security and privacy concerns. In fact, we recently revealed that TikTok can record everything you type. But there’s more. Keep reading to discover why it’s time to bid farewell to TikTok for good.
The Backstory: Growing Concerns
If you needed more reasons to uninstall TikTok, pay attention to what the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) recently stated. Brendan Carr, one of the five commissioners, bluntly called for an outright ban on the app. In an interview with Axios, Carr expressed his doubts about TikTok’s ability to operate in the US, raising concerns about user data flowing back to China. Carr even sent a letter to Apple and Google in June, urging them to remove the app from their respective app stores.
Safeguarding Your Data: Deleting the TikTok App
To protect your personal data from TikTok’s prying eyes, the easiest solution is to delete your account and remove the app from your device. Deleting the app itself is a simple process for both iOS and Android users. However, bear in mind that deleting the app does not automatically delete your data.
To permanently remove your data from TikTok, follow these steps:
- Open the TikTok app.
- Tap on your profile in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the three-line icon in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings and Privacy.”
- Tap “Manage Account” > “Delete Account.”
- Follow the instructions provided by the app to delete your account.
Please note that TikTok states it may take up to 30 days for your videos and data to be completely removed.
Now that your account is gone, it’s time to bid farewell to the TikTok app itself. Here’s how you can delete it:
For Android Users
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap the profile icon located at the top right of the screen.
- Select “Manage apps & devices” > “Manage.”
- Find the TikTok app and tap on its name.
- Finally, tap “Uninstall” to remove the app from your Android device.
For Apple Users
- Touch and hold the TikTok app icon on your device.
- Tap “Remove App” > “Delete App.”
- To confirm, tap “Delete.”
Keep Yourself Informed
Deleting TikTok is a crucial step to protect your data, but staying informed about the latest trends and warnings is equally important. Check out the following articles to ensure your online experience remains safe and enjoyable:
- TikTok challenge prompts an insanely stupid FDA warning
- This TikTok cleaning trend will ruin your pipes – Don’t do it
For more reviews and insights on various products, head over to Mr Reviews. Stay informed and stay safe!